- AFI™ electric horns meet the American Boat & Yacht Council (ABYC) Regulation #A23 for boats up to 12 meters
AFI™ air horns meet the U.S. Coast Guard's C.O.L.R.E.G.S. and U.S.
Inland Navigation Rules, Annex III Regulations for boats up to 20 meters
- AFI™ horns are listed in the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA) Certification Program "type accepted" list
- All AFI™ horns are listed for boats up to 12 meters and all AFI™ air horns are listed for boats up to 20 meters
- Horn motors and compressors are 12 volt unless otherwise indicated
- AFI™ horns are set at a lower frequency to provide greater range as the sound travels across the water
- Horns should be mounted facing forward whenever possible. The NMMA Certification Program requires this for boats 39' or longer